Antyweb.pl, one of the most important services in Poland writing about Polish and global Internet joins Polsat Plus Group. It will substantially strengthen the Group’s position in the area of new technologies.
Interia will directly acquire 70% of shares in Antyweb, while the other 30% will remain in the hands of the to-date owners of the service, Grzegorz Marczak and Haprin. What is of key importance is the fact that Grzegorz Marczak, the founder, creator and chief editor of the service remains in Antyweb.pl and will continue managing it and will handle all editorial aspects.
“We are happy that such a cool and important service in the Polish Internet, writing about new technologies, will become a part of our Group. We treat the acquisition of shares in Antyweb as an investment and we are convinced that thanks to our support the position and importance of Antyweb will grow and more and more Internet users will take advantage of an exceptional knowledge and information content which can be found on Antyweb.pl”, said Maciej Stec, Vice President responsible for Strategy from Polsat Plus Group.
“I am very pleased that Antyweb acquired such a strong and significant partner on the multimedia market in Poland. The cooperation with Polsat Plus Group and various future synergies mean entering a new level by Antyweb.pl on its development path. I hope to see many interesting projects and an engaging cooperation. I personally treat this transaction as a big success for people who have been building Antyweb.pl with me for years,” – said Grzegorz Marczak, the founder and owner of Antyweb.pl
Antyweb.pl is one of the most popular Polish Internet services focusing on new technologies. The website was established in 2006 as a blog run by one person - Grzegorz Marczak, who currently holds the position of the editor-in-chief and the head of the service. In 2011, Antyweb acquired financing which allowed it to build an effectively operating fully-fledged Internet service and translated into the substantial growth of visits to the site and revenues.
The service specializes in creating original and independent content which is at the same time geared towards more wider audience. The thematic scope of articles published on the website includes the following areas: consumer electronics, gaming, new media, IT sector, startups, science and telecommunications. Currently the service cooperates with more than 15 authors.